Friday, December 18, 2009

Pin It

Widgets

Introduction

Welcome to my blog! My name is Jessica Davis and I am a documentary filmmaker.

I have been making a feature-length documentary project entitled, “In Between the Raindrops,” that pays tribute to a number of historical jazz figures who got their start in Seattle. In the interviews, the artists discuss such topics as their love for the craft, the early years of Quincy Jones as a composer, the experience of performing in Seattle during a raid, and the racial divide between the musicians’ unions during that time (two unions – one white & one non-white). The documentary is expected to be complete by the end of 2010. To view clips of some of the interviews, visit www.vimeo.com/jessicadavis. As part of the documentary, I have been planning a concert that will feature a number of the artists featured in the film - the concert takes place on Jan. 31 in Seattle's University District.

1 comment: